If you’re looking to give your furniture a fresh new look, reupholstering is a great option. And if you’re worried that it’s too time-consuming or difficult, think again! Reupholstering a chair with attached cushions can be done in just a few minutes, and we’ll show you how.
The tools you’ll need.
A list of materials.
In order to reupholster a chair with attached cushions, you will need the following materials:
-A measuring tape
-New fabric (enough to cover the chair and cushions)
-Staple gun and staples
You may also need a saw if the chairs legs need to be cut down, but this is not always necessary.
The steps involved.
1. Remove the old fabric from the chair. Using a screwdriver, remove the staples or tacks holding the fabric in place. If the fabric is glued on, you may need to use a putty knife to loosen it. Be careful not to damage the wood underneath as you remove the old fabric.
2. Measure the chair and cut new fabric to size. Add an extra inch or two to account for any shrinkage or stretching that may occur.
3. Apply adhesive to the back of the new fabric and attach it to the chair, starting at the bottom and working your way up. Use a staple gun or upholstery tacks to secure the fabric in place.
4. Trim any excess fabric and reattach any cushions or padding that was removed in step one.
5. Sit back and enjoy your newly reupholstered chair!
The finished product.
A beautiful reupholstered chair!
Now that you’ve reupholstered your chair, it’s time to sit back and enjoy the fruits of your labor! Your chair should look something like this:
Tips for maintaining your chair
To keep your newly reupholstered chair looking its best, follow these tips:
– vacuum regularly to remove dust and dirt
– spot clean with a mild soap and water solution as needed
– if the fabric is starting to look worn, consider giving it a new coat of fabric protector
If you’re looking to add a fresh, new look to an old chair, reupholstering it is a quick and easy way to do so! With just a few tools and some simple steps, you can have a beautifully upholstered chair in no time. So gather your materials, follow our instructions, and enjoy your new chair!