There are a few things you’ll need in order to measure for limiting straps: a tape measure, the item you’ll be securing with the straps, and something to mark the straps with. You’ll also want to make sure that the item you’re securing is clean and dry so that the measuring process is as accurate as possible. To get started, find one end of the strap and hold it against the item you’re securing.
Make a small mark on the strap at this point, then use your tape measure to find out how long the strap needs to be. Once you have this measurement, add about two inches to account for any movement or stretch that might occur when the strap is in use. This will be your final measurement for cutting the strap.
LIMIT STRAPS | How to Measure and Install – Tech Tuesday EP1
- You will need a measuring tape and some help from another person
- Have the other person hold one end of the measuring tape at the center point of the axle, on the side where you wish to install the limiting strap
- Run the measuring tape along the frame to your desired mounting location for the D-ring or tab, making sure to keep it as tight to the frame as possible
- Make a note of this measurement so you can reference it later when installing your limiting strap
What is the Best Way to Measure for Limiting Straps
There are a few different ways that you can measure for limiting straps, but the best way is to use a tape measure. First, you will need to find the center of the bar. To do this, you will need to measure from the end of the bar to the center point.
Once you have found the center point, you will need to measure from that point to the outside edge of the bar. This measurement will give you the length of your strap. Next, you will need to determine how wide your strap should be.
The width of your strap should be based on how wide your bars are. If you have narrow bars, then you will want a narrower strap. If you have wider bars, then you will want a wider strap.
Finally, you will need to determine how long your straps should be. The length of your straps should be based on how tall your bars are. If you have taller bars, then you will want longer straps.
If you’re looking to purchase some new limiting straps for your off-road vehicle, it’s important to know how to measure for them. Here are the basic steps:
1. Decide where on your vehicle you want to mount the straps.
There are typically two attachment points – one on each side of the vehicle. 2. Measure the distance between the two attachment points. This is the length of strap you will need.
3. Select a width for your strap. The most common widths are 1″, 1-1/2″ and 2″. 4. Choose a material thickness based on the weight of your vehicle and how much abuse the straps will see.
The thicker the material, the stronger the strap will be.